Apply for the Child Support Grant: find out how
Apply now for the Child Support Grant and count on ongoing financial aid until your children turn eighteen. Keep reading to learn more about this program!
by José Gonçalo
Receive ongoing support of R480 for every child you care for without having to do anything in return
Find out how to Apply for the Child Support Grant and count on financial help to raise your children. The CSG has already helped millions of families and children across the country.
Indeed, now it is your turn to benefit from this project. Find out how to sign up below. We’ll explain everything your need to know, from eligibility to documents.
Who is eligible for the program?
Below, find out about the basic criteria to know whether or not you can apply for the Child Support Grant:
- Be the official caregiver of one or more children under the age of eighteen (if you have no family ties to the child, you must prove your caregiver status by a statement from a police officer, a social worker’s report, a statement from the biological parent, or a letter from the principal of the school attended by the child);
- Be a South African citizen or permanent resident;
- Have a maximum income of R52,800 if single. If married, your combined income with your spouse must be below R105,600 per annum.
In addition, there are criteria that the child you are responsible for must meet. Meet them below:
- The child must be under the age of 18;
- Not participating in another state institution program;
- Living with a caregiver who is not paid to raise the child.
You will be redirected to another website
What documents do you need to provide?
Other documents will be requested to prove these situations in specific cases, such as separated parents, arrested, or disappearance.
Below, check out a list of documents you will need to provide in an application for this program:
- Caregiver’s identity document (ID) with a 13-digit barcode;
- Child’s birth certificate or identification document;
- Affidavit from a reputable person (e.g. counselor, traditional leader, social worker, minister of religion who has contact with your family);
- If available: baptismal certificate, road card to health clinic and school report; Document proving alimony received for the child; Proof of your earnings (bank statements or pay stub, for example);
- Registration form completed in the presence of the SASSA employee.
Child Support Grant application
To apply for the CSG, you must bring the documents requested above to the nearest South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) office.
You must request the application form and fill it in with an authorized agent. After applying, the competent organization will evaluate your application and respond within a few months.
Find other assistance programs: Social Relief of Distress
The government offers temporary help to those who are going through critical situations.
This is a convenient and safe way to get quick help until things return to normal. See the following post to learn how you can count on immediate help!
Apply for the Social Relief of Distress: find out how
Apply to Social Relief of Distress and receive cash or food aid in time of need. Find out how to use this program here!
Nedbank American Express Gold Credit Card: check out how to apply!
Apply to Nedbank American Express Gold Credit Card and get 50% off services, products, and free airline tickets! Read on and learn more!Keep Reading
NedBank Gold Credit Card full review: should you get it?
The NedBank Gold Credit Card offers a cashback program and benefits for travelers for a low monthly fee and many other benefits. Learn more!Keep Reading
FNB Aspire Credit Card full review: should you get it?
The FNB Aspire Credit Card combines cashback, 55 days interest-free, traveler benefits, and much more. Read our review to learn more!Keep Reading
You may also like
Woolworths Store Card: check out how to apply!
Apply Woolworths Store Card and get amazing discounts on your next purchases and much more. Find out how to apply for this card here!Keep Reading
Admission of Older Persons to Residential Facilities
Discover the Admission of Older Persons to Residential Facilities, the program that guarantees comprehensive medical care for the elderly!Keep Reading
Woolworths Gold Credit Card: check out how to apply!
Apply for the Woolworths Gold Credit Card and have promotions, offers, and discounts, plus the possibility to multiply your rewards!Keep Reading