Apply for the Social Relief of Distress: find out how
Find out how you can request help to get through difficult times to take better care of yourself and your family. Read on to learn more!
The help you need, when you need it most
Apply to Social Relief of Distress (SRD) and get access to a project designed to help you in times of need.
Below, understand who is eligible to be contemplated by this project. Also, find out how to apply for this.
Who is eligible for the program?
Indeed, there is an extensive list of criteria that qualify someone or a family to become an SRD beneficiary. Below, we will mention each of these criteria.
However, remember that to apply for Social Relief of Distress, you only need to meet one of them.
- You need help for your children or any other permanent help;
- A crisis or disaster has occurred (for example, your house has burned down or collapsed);
- You don’t qualify for any other help, and you’re in a desperate situation;
- The head of the family died;
- You will not be able to work due to health conditions for the next six months;
- It is not possible to obtain maintenance from the child’s other parent or children;
- The householder was sent to prison for up to six months;
- You have been affected by a disaster, but your region has not been classified as a disaster area.
You will be redirected to another website
What documents do you need to provide?
In addition to meeting one of the above criteria, you will need to provide some documents. Basically, they must confirm their identity, family ties, and situation of need. Below, meet some of them:
Identification documents for applying to Social Relief of Distress
- 13 identification numbers from your South African Identity Card;
- Birth certificate of your children;
- Marriage certificate (proof of divorce).
Document to prove the situation
- Medical report;
- Police report;
- Statement from a chief, counselor, or religious leader attesting to his or her status as needy;
- A declaration that you have no income or any type of support;
- Proof that you tried to access other help projects.
Social Relief of Distress application
To apply for this project, you must go to the Social Security office closest to you. At these establishments, ask for the registration form. For more information about these and other aid programs, see https://srd.sassa.gov.za/.
Find other assistance programs: Child Support Grant
Caring for a child can generate unpredictable expenses. In some situations, a family may be simply not financially prepared to pay all the costs.
In both cases, it is possible to count on government aid created to assist in raising the little ones. That program is the Child Support Grant. You can also count on the help of this program.
Read the article below to learn more about this program. We’ve explained everything you need to learn.
Simplify your finances: MG Silver Prepaid Debit Card
Manage your money safely with the MG Silver Prepaid Debit Card with benefits and no monthly maintenance fee! Know more!Keep Reading
African Bank Credit Card full review: should you get it?
The African Bank Credit Card is a consolidated card option that offers 62-day interest rate waivers, life insurance, and more. Learn more!Keep Reading
NedBank SAA Voyager Gold Credit Card: check out how to apply!
Apply to NedBank SAA Voyager Gold Credit Card and earn miles to redeem for airline tickets and get 50% off movie tickets. Know more!Keep Reading
You may also like
Blink Finance Personal Loan: find out how to apply!
Learn how to apply to Blink Finance Personal Loan and get a great loan even with a bad credit score! Borrow up to R8,000 fast!Keep Reading
Nedbank Personal Loan review: Get a loan of up to R300.000
This Nedbank Personal Loan review provides an overview of this lender. Qualify for R200 repayment monthly! Learn more in our full article!Keep Reading
Hoopla Loans review: loan for all needs, money in record time
Hoopla Loans is a tool that will help you find good loans even with a bad credit score. Read on and learn more!Keep Reading