Apply for the War Veteran’s Grant: find out how
Find out how to apply for the War Veteran's Grant, financial aid given to veterans who participated in important wars of the 20th century.
Receive a federal pension of R2,000 every month indefinitely
Apply for the War Veteran’s Grant to increase your monthly income instantly. Below, learn about the application process and the required documents.
In addition, find out who can receive this help. So keep reading to learn more!
Who is eligible for the program?
War veterans can count on this financial help from the government! Below, find out about the eligibility criteria.
Thus, to apply for the War Veteran’s Grant, you must:
- Have South African citizenship or permanent residence in South Africa;
- Be at least 60 years old or have a disability;
- Have served in the armed forces in World War II (1939-1945) or the Korean War (1950-1953);
- Not receive any other form of government assistance for you;
- Not be under the tutelage of any State institution;
- If single, no annual income above R86,280;
- If married, no annual income above R172,560;
- The total value of your assets cannot exceed R1,227,600 if you are single;
- If you are married, the sum of assets must be less than R2,455,200.
When calculating the property’s value, the house you live in will not be considered.
You will be redirected to another website
What documents do you need to provide?
Below, find out which documents you must have at hand to apply for the War Veteran’s Grant:
- Your identity document with a 13-digit barcode (ID) or document that proves identity;
- Documentary proof of your war service (service certificate, for example);
- Medical report or report stating that you cannot work; Proof of your marital status;
- Against checks or blue book of the Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF);
- Your paychecks or your wife’s (if any of these are working);
- Your Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) blue book or discharge certificate from your previous employer (if you are unemployed);
- Bank statements from the last three months (if you have a bank account);
- Statement of interest and dividends you earn if you have investments.
War Veteran’s Grant application
To apply for this help, you must go to the SASSA office closest to your home. Do not forget to take the list above of documents with you.
There, request a War Veteran’s Grant application form.
You must complete it in the presence of a SASSA employee. Subsequently, you will receive proof of your pension application.
Keep it with you. If you have mobility problems, you can ask a family member or friend to register for you.
For this purpose, in addition to the documents, you must appear with a letter from you and a medical certificate proving your difficulty attending the office.
Find other assistance programs: Disability Grant
Temporary physical or mental disabilities can wreak havoc on family income.
However, you can count on government financial assistance to balance your accounts while you recover.
We are talking about the disability subsidy. These are temporary monthly payments of R1,980.
In the following post, you can find out how to count on this help if needed.
Absa Flexi Core Credit Card: check out how to apply!
Apply for the Absa Flexi Core Credit Card and get over a million in emergency travel aid, interest rate waivers, and more. Find out how here!Keep Reading
Capitec Global One Credit Card full review: should you get it?
Capitec Global One credit card offers financial rewards! Cardholders can enjoy up to $5 million in free travel insurance and more! Read on!Keep Reading
Buy cheap Mango Airlines flights: easy step by step
Learn how to buy cheap Mango Airlines flights and say goodbye to the extremely high fees charged by airlines on flights in South Africa!Keep Reading
You may also like
MG Prepaid Card: check out how to apply!
Apply to MG Prepaid Card, the card that accepts 100% of its applicants and has become the safest and cheapest way to save money on cards!Keep Reading
Discover the world: Buy cheap CemAir flights
Learn how to buy cheap CemAir flights taking advantage of the best opportunities to save money and have the best travel experience!Keep Reading
Standard Bank Blue Credit Card: check out how to apply!
Apply to Standard Bank Blue Credit Card and get a card with all the essential services with great upgrade possibilities. Find out how!Keep Reading