Apply for the War Veteran’s Grant: find out how
Find out how to apply for the War Veteran's Grant, financial aid given to veterans who participated in important wars of the 20th century.
by José Gonçalo
Receive a federal pension of R2,000 every month indefinitely
Apply for the War Veteran’s Grant to increase your monthly income instantly. Below, learn about the application process and the required documents.
In addition, find out who can receive this help. So keep reading to learn more!
Who is eligible for the program?
War veterans can count on this financial help from the government! Below, find out about the eligibility criteria.
Thus, to apply for the War Veteran’s Grant, you must:
- Have South African citizenship or permanent residence in South Africa;
- Be at least 60 years old or have a disability;
- Have served in the armed forces in World War II (1939-1945) or the Korean War (1950-1953);
- Not receive any other form of government assistance for you;
- Not be under the tutelage of any State institution;
- If single, no annual income above R86,280;
- If married, no annual income above R172,560;
- The total value of your assets cannot exceed R1,227,600 if you are single;
- If you are married, the sum of assets must be less than R2,455,200.
When calculating the property’s value, the house you live in will not be considered.
You will be redirected to another website
What documents do you need to provide?
Below, find out which documents you must have at hand to apply for the War Veteran’s Grant:
- Your identity document with a 13-digit barcode (ID) or document that proves identity;
- Documentary proof of your war service (service certificate, for example);
- Medical report or report stating that you cannot work; Proof of your marital status;
- Against checks or blue book of the Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF);
- Your paychecks or your wife’s (if any of these are working);
- Your Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) blue book or discharge certificate from your previous employer (if you are unemployed);
- Bank statements from the last three months (if you have a bank account);
- Statement of interest and dividends you earn if you have investments.
War Veteran’s Grant application
To apply for this help, you must go to the SASSA office closest to your home. Do not forget to take the list above of documents with you.
There, request a War Veteran’s Grant application form.
You must complete it in the presence of a SASSA employee. Subsequently, you will receive proof of your pension application.
Keep it with you. If you have mobility problems, you can ask a family member or friend to register for you.
For this purpose, in addition to the documents, you must appear with a letter from you and a medical certificate proving your difficulty attending the office.
Find other assistance programs: Disability Grant
Temporary physical or mental disabilities can wreak havoc on family income.
However, you can count on government financial assistance to balance your accounts while you recover.
We are talking about the disability subsidy. These are temporary monthly payments of R1,980.
In the following post, you can find out how to count on this help if needed.
Apply for the Disability Grant: find out how
Apply for the Disability Grant and get access to a free continuous and indefinite pension of up to R1,990 until you can work again. Learn how!
NedBank Gold Credit Card: check out how to apply!
Apply for the NedBank Gold Credit Card and earn rewards for every liter of gasoline you use in your car. Learn more about this card!Keep Reading
Iemas Purchase Debit Card full review: should you get it?
Apply to Iemas Purchase Debit Card and understand how simple it is to have up to 3.5% cashback in more than 12,000 stores.Keep Reading
TymeBank Credit Card full review: should you get it?
TymeBank Credit Card is your chance to get a cheap card with a rewards program and many other benefits. Learn more about the product here1Keep Reading
You may also like
ABSA Personal Loan: find out how to apply!
Apply for ABSA Personal Loan and enjoy the best interest rate on the market and the longest repayment period. Find out how here!Keep Reading
Hoopla Loans review: loan for all needs, money in record time
Hoopla Loans is a tool that will help you find good loans even with a bad credit score. Read on and learn more!Keep Reading
Standard Bank Blue Credit Card: check out how to apply!
Apply to Standard Bank Blue Credit Card and get a card with all the essential services with great upgrade possibilities. Find out how!Keep Reading